IoT Smart Parking Features:
IoT Based Smart Parking Applications Features: With increasing growth, come increased affordability and a changed lifestyle. Owing a vehicle has never been so common. Owing to the steep increase in the number of vehicles, parking has become a time-consuming task.
Thanks to IoT-based smart pay parking management solutions this is no longer a problem over which we have to break our heads! With the recent trends in IoT and latest developments, the usual parking has taken to IoT smart parking, enabling the tedious task to become an enjoyable one!
What is so great about smart parking that it is creating waves? An average driver wastes about just trying to find a parking space. With about 68% of the population living in metropolitan cities by 2050, parking can be the biggest hassle. Innovative technology combines with connectivity helps solve this bottleneck. IoT smart parking involves a combination of AI and IoT pay parking to determine the availability and monitoring of parking spaces in real-time. Multiple sensors placed over various locations accumulate the data to create a dynamic parking map, and the best part is that this information can be accessed on your smartphone using an app.
With such advanced monitoring, a few more such application which is already in use or being developed is noteworthy:
• Automated Pay Parking – IoT devices help track and collect information on vehicles and monitor the occupancy of a parking space. This information is then collated and stored in a cloud server. This data is then presented in a user-friendly format to the drivers. This data is also analyzed for data-driven decisions. Based on the parking duration you can able to collect the parking payment.
• Smart Counters – A counting system with the help of IoT sensors can detect the entry and exit of vehicles. Using this information, trends can be drawn, using which customer flow and future traffic surge can be predicted.
• Automated Parking Systems – Commonly called multi-level parking, this eliminates the need for large areas of land for parking. An automated system moves the vehicles up and down, thereby eliminating the need for space, reduces search time, and reduces traffic emissions.
• Control Systems – Parking control systems help detect parking violations, register the data, issue a ticket and notify the driver – all automatically! With increased urban populations and an increase in vehicle owners, here are a few benefits of the smart parking system without compromising on the living standards:
• Real-time Monitoring – With continuous monitoring of parking space, the search is simplified. This reduces the unpredictability of finding a space, thereby saving time.
• Better Administration – With all data at their fingertips, the traffic enforcement department will be able to create an efficient framework of violations and monitoring, thereby reducing the a number of accidents and crimes.
• Optimize Space – With multi-level parking, space and time are both optimized. Automated meter renewal tools will help parking facilities generate more revenue and attract new visitors.